Malaysian Youth Parliament member, Akmal Saufi Mohamed Khaled urged Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak to explain about the alleged US$700 million (RM2.67 billion) transferred into his personal account, which was confirmed by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) as 'political donation'.
In his Facebook posting, the son of Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Khaled Nordin also posed 15 questions concerning the contribution.
"When Dato Seri Najib received funds totaling RM2.6 billion, was Dato Seri aware that the sum of money has entered Dato Seri's account?
"What is the evidence that the money was a donation and not money related to 1MDB (1Malaysia Development Berhad) as well as parties related to 1MDB transactions?"
His questions also revolved around whether the contribution is for the government, UMNO or personal use.
Akmal Saufi who is also chairman of the security, law and integrity committee for the Malaysian Youth Parliament, expressed doubts whether UMNO Supreme Council members were aware about the fund's transaction.
He also posed a cynical question, asking if the fund is not known to the UMNO Supreme Council, when will the Prime Minister inform it to the party's top leadership.
Finally, he questioned the function of the Ministry of Finance, which is supposed to know the existence of such donations, if it is for government purposes.
Below are the 15 questions posed by Akmal Saufi in his Facebook page:
1. When Dato Seri Najib received funds totaling RM2.6 billion, was he aware about the sum of money that had entered into his account?
2. What is the evidence that the money was a donation and not money related to 1MDB (1Malaysia Development Berhad) as well as parties related to 1MDB transactions?
3. As stated by MACC, the money was a donation. Were these donations contributed to the government, for UMNO's purpose or personal purposes?
4. If the money is donated for UMNO, does the UMNO leadership especially the UMNO Supreme Council know about the donation?
5. If the UMNO Supreme Council did not know about it, does that mean UMNO would not know its existence unless Dato Seri inform about it?
6. When Dato Seri Najib intends to inform the Supreme Council if it is not exposed to the Supreme Council?
7. Assuming that the donation was a personal donation to Dato Seri and not to UMNO, will Dato Seri accept donation while holding a position as a minister?
8. Can a Minister or Deputy Prime Minister or the Prime Minister received the donation when holding positions in the government?
9. Do you need to declare the donations to the public and other members of the Cabinet?
10. Was the Governor of Bank Negara and its scholars aware of the movement of the money amounting to RM2.6 billion into the country?
11. Does the Inland Revenue Board is aware of the amount of money that has been received Dato Seri Najib?
12. If yes, does Dato Seri Najib need to pay any income tax based on the amount of money accepted?
13. Can a Prime Minister tax exemptions?
14. If Dato Seri Najib gets tax exemptions, are these exceptions made towards Dato Seri Najib's salary Dato Seri Najib or any donations he received?
15. If the donation is meant for the government, then why the Finance Ministry did not know of its existence?
Tue Aug 04 2015
Akmal Saufi wants Datuk Seri Najib Razak to explain about the RM2.6 billion worth of political donations.
Tukang paip curi meter air, SPAN mulakan siasatan
Jika disabit kesalahan boleh dikenakan denda tidak melebihi RM50,000 atau dipenjarakan.
PBB kecam serangan udara di Yaman
Serangan tersebut meragut nyawa sekurang-kurangnya 60 orang di pusat tahanan yang dikendalikan pihak Houthi di wilayah Saada.
Pemenang Anugerah Emmy Louie Anderson meninggal dunia
Louie Anderson meninggal dunia di Las Vegas selepas dimasukkan ke hospital bagi menjalani rawatan.
Polis siasat video tular dakwa ulama bakal berhimpun, kemunculan Imam Mahdi
Siaran langsung berdurasi 8 minit 56 saat itu dilakukan ketika individu berkenaan mengunjungi sebuah kedai yang menjual pelbagai senjata antaranya pedang dan keris.
Penganggur didakwa lakukan amang seksual fizikal
Muhammad Nasiruddin A. Rahman, 22, didakwa melakukan kedua-dua perbuatan itu di dalam sebuah kereta di ladang kelapa sawit.
Tiga pengeluar ubat Korea Selatan bakal hasilkan pil COVID-19 Merck
Ia bagi menghasilkan pil antiviral Molnupiravir untuk dibekalkan ke 105 negara.
SMK Bandar Saujana Putra bakal beroperasi Mac ini
Pemakluman lanjut berkaitan pendaftaran murid ke sekolah ini akan diumumkan dalam masa terdekat.
ARC dijangka berlangsung pada bulan Mei
Kejohanan Ragbi Asia (ARC) 15 Sebelah, dijangka berlangsung pada bulan Mei 2022, setelah ditunda hampir lima kali pada tahun lepas.
MM2H terima 111 permohonan baharu
Jabatan Imigresen telah meluluskan 15 permohonan bagi menyertai MM2H dengan tiga peserta telah berada di Malaysia.
Operasi mencari, menyelamat Kamaliah ditangguh
Mangsa gagal dikesan dan tiada sebarang petunjuk yang ditemui oleh pasukan penyelamat hingga hari terakhir.
Ahli Parlimen Belia bangkitkan persoalan berhubung dana politik
Ahli Parlimen Belia, bertanya apakah cara bersesuaian untuk sebarang dana politik disalurkan agar tidak timbul sebarang kekeliruan.